When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, March 28, 2013

Turning a Mess into a Message



 I saw this saying and loved it.  My life has been hard at times.  The road has been rough and difficult.  I know that when I am in the middle of my trials, I sometimes think He isn't there. He isn't listening.  He doesn't know my pain.  
But time passes, the healing does come, and I find myself grateful for the trials in my life. They are the things that have made me strong.  They are the things that have given me faith and hope and courage to press on.  I find that whenever God has allowed a trial in my life, there always follows blessings.  There has always been something that I needed to know.  It might be moments, days or even years later, but I have discovered that He always gives me a gift along with the test.  
It is not always something that I think I want or need (as a matter of fact, I often wish it wasn't there!) but there comes a time when I am grateful for the experience.  I know, that if I could go back now and not have those hard things in my life, I would not change them. Because every single one of them have helped me in some way.  
He has the ability to truly HEAL our hearts if we will just let Him.  He can help us find strength and gratitude for the blessings and the trials.  Sometimes, trusting Him and His timing are the hardest things we will ever do.  I know, He will never let us down.  He will stretch us, and make us grow in ways we might not want, but when all is said and done, we will always be the better for it.  
I know that I am.  
I am content to be a message,
A testimony, a triumph, and a victory.
And I am content to be His.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the quote and your beautifully written post. I too recognize the blessings following the trial. I feel the Savior walks with me during these difficult moments. Growth does come with struggle.
    Blessings on this one and have a wonderful Easter Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a message: of hope, of love, of victory, of friendship... God is looking down on you in Love, and He is smiling.

    ReplyDelete