When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pride, Who Is Right



I find this one to be so true.  And it helps me to work on keeping many things that are prideful out of my life.  We all like to be right.  It makes us feel that we might be worthy of more.  That we might be better than someone else.  And, I have to admit, that I am way too good at convincing myself that I am not good enough.  So, I have to ask myself, is this right?  I have to separate myself from the action and then ask if it is right and good, or do I just want it to be?
Pride is not a sin that only happens outside the church, or only to to others, it also happens from within.  It is initiated in our minds and hearts as we deal with the daily challenges of living the way we know we should.  We are all susceptible to pride.  Today we live in a world full of external influences. We are admonished in the scriptures to be “in the world but not of the world.” In other words, we are supposed to live with those who choose differently than we do, but we are also supposed to keep our standards and morals.  The evils of the world can bring sorrow and tragedy whenever we do not protect ourselves against their influence.
May we echo the words of the ancient prophet Nephi:
“I know in whom I have trusted.
“My God hath been my support. …
“O Lord, I have trusted in thee and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh”
(2 Ne. 4:19–20, 34).
Pride and reliance on man can be replaced with trust in the Lord.  We have to work on it, learn what to keep and what to eliminate from our lives.  We need to seek the right in all that we do and say.  We need to learn to be a little more like Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment