When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sabbath Day Scribblings -Congratulate yourself for what you did!




Elder M. Russell Ballard
"Be An Example of the Believers"
October 1991 General Women's Meeting 


"To you who feel harried and overwhelmed and who wonder whether you ever will be able to run fast enough to catch the departing train you think you should be on, I suggest that you learn to deal with each day as it comes, doing the best you can, without feelings of guilt or inadequacy. I saw a bumper sticker the other day, sisters, that may say it all:

"'God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die!'

"Remember, sisters, we all have our own challenges to work out while passing the tests of mortality, and we probably often think ours are the most difficult. Recognize limitations; no one can do everything. When you have done the best you can, be satisfied and don’t look back and second-guess, wondering how you could have done more. Be at peace within yourselves. Rather than berate yourself for what you didn’t do, congratulate yourself for what you did."

3 comments:

  1. Good quote. At least we have all eternity to work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say this is excellent advice. I have a list that is way to long. Lately, when I feel way behind I remind myself that people come first. It helps be weed out the unimportant stuff to do on another day.
    Blessings to you for a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I have to say, this made me truly laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete