When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, May 27, 2011

On Forgetting


Today, I am linking up over at The Gypsy Mama for Five-Minute Friday.  This is where we  just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.  Hope to see you there.
Got five minutes? Here’s a great way to spend them.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat without editing your voice.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Pony up the comment love for the five minuter who linked up before you.






On Forgetting


START


How many of us understand forgetting?  I know, when it comes to my own life, I want the Lord to forgive me when ever I make a mistake, and than forget that I made it.  I want Him to forget how many times it takes me to finally, painfully get it right.  I want Him to still love me and have a place for me and forget all the things that I have done that would pull me away from Him.
Yet, when it comes to forgetting, it seems to be a little harder for me.  I tend to remember the bad things.  The times my feelings were hurt, the times of tears, the times of sorrow, the times of pain.  I remember all the little inconveniences, No matter how hard I try, it is seemingly impossible sometimes to forget.
It seems to me that children understand forgetting better than most of us.  A child does something wrong, they say they are sorry (hopefully), give hugs and move on as if nothing had happened.  If the parent makes a mistake, the child quickly forgives, forgets and moves on.  When I think about the need to become as a little child in the gospel of Christ.  I think about forgetting.  I think about forgiving.  And I think about what it would mean to me to be able to put everything behind me and look at it with brand new, loving, forgiving and forgotten, eyes.

STOP


So, now it is your turn.  Don't forget to try this for yourself.  This week was hard for me, but really worth the effort.






1 comment:

  1. Good morning,

    Well - I almost forgot... lol:) that I needed to post a comment to the one before me.

    Forgetting and forgiving - very interesting combination. There were many things in my past life that I needed forgiveness for and even though I might remember those things - I know, I know and I know that Christ has wiped that slate clean.

    I don't have to worry about my past. God is the great I AM and He is in the now and not in the past.

    I pray that you will be able to lay all of this past at the foot of the Cross, and then go forward into this minute and live life that way.

    Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete