When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, May 13, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Deep Breath

This has become one of my favorite times of the week.  It is when I link up with Gypsy Mama for a Five-Minute Friday.  It is a few moments every week when I don't worry about what I write, or the spelling, or the words or even the subject.  I just take the prompt and spend five minutes writing.  It is one of the most freeing moments that I get to experience.  I am always surprised and amazed at the things that come out.


Wanna just write? Without wondering if it’s just right or not. You’re welcome to play along. The rules are easy.
  1. Write your heart out for five minutes and show us what you’ve got.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to play along.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and encourage the fellow five-minuter who linked up right before you.{I humbly beg you to turn off word verification for the day to make this easier!}

Today's prompt is: Deep Breath


START

Trials come into my life like a blow to my belly.  
Unexpected, unwanted, 
Unwelcomed.  
Much like the labor of a woman
As she anticipates 
The moment
When she will
Welcome her new baby
Into the world.
No matter how many times
She has endured, 
She is never, quite ready
For the pain of the waiting.
Yet she holds on,
Takes a deep breath,
and waits for the blessing.
Misfortunes
Come to each of us
As we journey through 
This earthly existence.
Most of the time
We can not plan for them
Or prepare for them.
And like the woman
About to become a mother,
The pain can be difficult to bear.
But I have learned 
That the Bible often says,
It came to pass.
And never says, 
It came to stay.   
We can endure the moment 
If we will just
Take a deep breath
and wait for the blessings.  

Stop

12 comments:

  1. "But I have learned
    That the Bible often says,
    It came to pass.
    And never says,
    It came to stay. "

    I love, love, love that part! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writer! I loved the same part "...And never says, It came to stay." GENIUS!!! I linked to your blog on and tried the 5 minute Friday because you make it seem so fun. Thanks for inspiring me to release the chaos in my head!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, both of you, you will never know what your comments meant to me tonight!! You are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You just wrote that out in 5 minutes?! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I could ever do five-minute Friday. My last post took me 2 days to think through. But I have infinite admiration that YOU can do it. I treasure this tradition of yours and love chiming here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have a gift, Patty Ann. Well, LOTS of gifts, but writing is definitely one of them! Wow. Stunning.

    I'm afraid of 5 minutes of unedited writing because I'll end up with the longest, most rambling post ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. So true. There will always be a blessing at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this one. It all came together for me and rings so true. I am going to try this 5 minute plan on Friday soon. It does sound fun.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! How freeing and definitely from the heart. My brain shuts off when I do anything like this. You are a wonderful writer. Thank you for linking this to Women of Noble Character. I am truly blessed to have you join in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Beautiful, PattyAnn. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patty, this.was.beautiful! I just love it! Beautiful imagery and analogy and truth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...it came to pass, not stay. Brilliant thought. Loved this poem.

    ReplyDelete