When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, May 13, 2011

Love Letter


I am linking up again with MamaKat’s.  The prompts this week are simply:

1.) If you had to go back to high school, how would you do it differently?
2.) Describe a trait that attracted you to your significant other, but that now drives you a little crazy.
3.) Your first car.
4.) Describe how you met your best friend.
5.) Write a love letter to someone (some thing?) you love.


This week, I chose prompt number 5 and decided to write a love letter to someone that I love.  It really wasn’t a hard decision, especially not with my past life to look back over.  And yet, there are so many people that I care about and who, I think, also care about me.   So many letters that I could write!  But there is one person who changed everything for me.  
He picked me up when I was down, and taught me what it means to be loved.  
That person is my sweet husband. 

Dear John,
You are amazing.  I am sure that I have said that before, but it bears repeating.  My whole life (at least in the romance department) was a series of seemingly, unfortunate events, until you came along and changed my perspective.  When we started dating, you were not like anyone that I had ever dated before.  I tried so hard to make you go away.  I don’t think that I ever planned on being happy.  Don’t get me wrong, I dreamed about happiness.  I wanted it in my heart.  I just didn’t know exactly what it was.  I didn’t understand the give and take that makes up a healthy relationship.  I didn’t understand what sticking power was.  I sometimes think that I was only comfortable with unhappiness.  I certainly never knew anything else; at least, not for any length of time.  Maybe that is the secret to change, get totally out of your comfort zone and go for it.  When you caught one of the kids smoking on the trampoline, you stayed, even though she made it clear that she hated you for it.  You helped on the paper route at night, you cooked dinner, you drove the kids places and supported them in their activities.  It never mattered to you whether it was football, track, music, or field trips.  You went where you were needed.  You loved children who were not yours by blood, but became yours by love.  You supported me through years of jobs that I did not always like.  You dried the tears and comforted the aches and just took care of me when that was what I needed.   You taught me what love is all about, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, the give and the take.  You taught me to relax, to have fun, to laugh.  You taught me that, if we just hold on, love is always enough.


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful love letter! This was such a great post idea to get the memories and feelings out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are brimming with tears. What a moving tribute to your adoring husband. He must be amazing, because YOU are amazing. Beautiful, my friend. Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet. Hope you get some love letters from your sweet guy too. I'm so glad that the two of you found in each other. :) And I'm also glad that I found your blog when I did, just when I needed to meet you and you took the time out of your family time to get ice cream with me. Such a tender mercy with me and only our Heavenly Father knew the timing in that and you followed the Spirit. You continue to be a support and example to me and just want to make sure you know.

    ReplyDelete