When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



President Gordon B. Hinckley on motherhood:
“Most of you are mothers, and very many of you are grandmothers and even great-grandmothers. You have walked the sometimes painful, sometimes joyous path of parenthood. You have walked hand in hand with God in the great process of bringing children into the world that they might experience this estate along the road of immortality and eternal life. It has not been easy rearing a family. Most of you have had to sacrifice and skimp and labor night and day. As I think of you and your circumstances, I think of the words of Anne Campbell, who wrote as she looked upon her children:
You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.
(“To My Child,” quoted in Charles L. Wallis, ed., The Treasure Chest [1965], 54)
You [mothers] are the real builders of the nation wherever you live, for you have created homes of strength and peace and security. These become the very sinew of any nation.” Gordon B. Hinckley, “Women of the Church,” Ensign, Nov 1996, 67

12 comments:

  1. I love President Hinckley! I love the quote and it's so true that we give up soooo much for our children. I have been pondering a lot about my own bucket list and what I want to do when it's just me again in just a short year. I've given up so much and myself through the years that I just don't know what to do with it coming so fast. Who am I if I am not a daily mother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day... The picture of your daughters is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful mother and a super special woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you! Hope you had a great day Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, you made me cry. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet!I loved this one. It has been worth th sacrifice.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Ann Campbell quote!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful quotes ... "you are the pearls I cannot buy!" I love that ...as well as President H's quote. So true about our homes being the foundation of a strong nation. (Oh, that even rhymes.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like what Mr. H had to say about strong homes being the foundation of a nation.
    Love the, "you are the pearls I cannot buy," quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard that before, but I loved hearing it again. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete