When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, February 1, 2019

Do it with Feeling


Such a wonderful quote for me today.  It reminds me that, no matter how I feel, it is ok.  No matter if I am sad, happy, depressed or anxious, as long as I am feeling, I am alive and living.  I am in the moment even if it hurts.  Hopefully, living right here in this moment will help me to realize even greater joy.   I really need to learn to trust my Heavenly Father with all the feelings of my heart. 
The past few years have been hard.  One thing seemingly after another and most of them bad.  My heart hurts, I am exhausted, I want to be numb.  I don't want to feel anymore pain.  But right now, I am trying my very best to live in the moment, no matter how it feels.  I am finding that there are little joys that surround me if I focus on finding them.   There is kindness, there is love, there are moments of satisfaction and healing.  There is heartfelt prayer.  There is grief and gratitude and happiness.
When we shut ourselves off from feeling, we might shut out some of the pain, but we also shut off a great amount of the joy.  We shut out friendship and love.  We shutout fellowship and service.  We betray that nature within our selves that feels compassion and love.
No matter what we are feeling, we are in the right place for this time in our lives.  Our Savior Jesus Christ, who suffered for each one of us, loves us in spite of ourselves and we can not run far enough of fast enough to escape His love and mercy. 
My you feel, really feel, that love in your life and in your mind and in our heart.  May you remember, no matter what has happened, that He knows your pain and stands ready to walk with you through your deepest trials.  You are so very loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment