When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, May 21, 2016

No life so shattered



I can't be the only one who has ever thought that my sins are so terrible that there is no way back.  I can't be the only one who has felt the terrible grief and remorse for a life that is not the pristine one I wish it could have been.  I would venture to say that each one of us have skeletons that dance a boogie dance in our closets! 
There are so many things I wish that I could go back and have a "do over" for.  So many decisions that didn't work out the way I wanted them too.  So many times I should have, could have and would have, if I had only known then what I know now.
However, as bad as life has been sometimes, I really do believe that none of us are beyond His power to save.  Every single one of us are surrounded by His love.  He does not turn His back on us, we choose to turn our backs on Him.  We choose to put our heads down and not meet His eyes.  We choose to keep our hands behind our backs instead of stretched toward His grace. 
So, if you are someone like me, with a past that makes you regret and bow your head in shame, I hope you remember that you are of great worth.  You are still, and always will be, a child of a loving and forgiving Father in Heaven.  He has prepared a way for you to return Home to Him.  You might be broken like Humpty Dumpty and all the kings horses, and all the kings men, can't put you together again.  But your Father in Heaven not only CAN, He WILL. 
You are not broken beyond His power to save.
He loves you in spite of your sins.
He knows your name and He is calling out to you. 
He has given you the power to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment