When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, May 28, 2016

Forgive them



This one is hard for me lately.  There is a part of my heart that does not want to forgive.  That part of me that is so tired of the drama and the fight and the wrongness of what others have done.  That part of me that wants to cry out, "this isn't fair!".  That is the part of my spirit that does not want to forgive.  It is the part that does not want to let go.  It is the part that wants to see Karma hard at work.  It is the unrighteous and impure part of my soul.  It is the small mindedness of revenge.
It is true that it steals your well-being.  I think that I haven't been well since the mess began.  I know that I am only hurting myself and I know that I can't change those who don't want to be changed.
I can't, but I know also that God can.  I know that only He can soften hearts.  I know that only He has the power to heal the aching.  I know that bruises fade, both on the inside and the out. 
Some people wonder how to forgive the bigger hurts.  I say, the only thing that has ever worked for me is prayer.  Pray for those who are lashing out.  Pray for those who hurt you, either accidently or even on purpose.  Pray for those who have left bruises and brokenness behind.  Pray for those who are vindictive and angry.  Pray for those who have wronged you.  Pray for them.  Pray for yourself. 
I have discovered as I continue to pray, even when it is hard, that my own heart is softened and it is easier to forgive.  It is easier to let it go.  It is easier to trust in God's justice and mercy.  As I pray, and I struggle and I overcome, I find myself letting go of the burden of hate and anger.  I find myself forgiving the offense.  I find my own heart is unburdened, my own sins are forgiven and my own soul is cleansed.  I find myself wrapped in the arms of His mercy and grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment