When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, May 30, 2016

Answers at the Beach


I am convinced that we are all looking for answers to something, but often, we just don't know where to look to find those answers.  I am also convinced that sometimes we need to think a little outside our usual box of life.  I love the ocean.  The waves crashing and breaking on the beach.  The sound of the seagulls and the wind that blows off the water.  I love the smells and the tranquility.  I pretty much love everything about the beach (unless it is crowded).  I think the point I am trying to make is that instead of being filled with anxiety and worry, maybe we should look for our answers in a place that provides us with feelings of peace. 
I know that when I am in a quiet place, those answers are more likely to come into my mind than when I am rushing and hurrying through my day without taking the time I need to meditate on my problems.  Although I don't live close to a beach, I do live close to the forest, the creeks and the lakes in the area.  I have quiet places in the beautiful outdoors.  I have a kayak to paddle to see the eagles soar.  My heart can still hear the beach inside myself when I take me out of the hustle and bustle of the world. 
I think that we CAN find answers at the beach.  And if by chance we don't, we can at least calm our minds and bring peace to our spirits by taking the time to rejuvenate our thoughts and hearts.  As I go through counseling this year, one of the many things he is trying to teach me is to do something for myself, even if it is only to go to the local park and eat my lunch. 
I am discovering that, as I do something as simple as that, I find within myself and spot of beach.  A place where I can rest and relax and escape.  A place of ponderings.  A place of peace. 
So, my challenge to you today is to find your own spot on the beach, even if you can't get to the real one, find a place of quiet and contentment.  Find a place to think and dream and ponder and pray. 
Find your own small spot of peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment