When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 3, 2014

Your Testmony

 
Your most powerful testimony
Is how you treat others
After the church service is over.

This week the girls had young women.  We watched the women's broadcast for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I had already watched the broadcast live with my girls this past weekend.  My girls were not happy to dress in church clothes again and go to the church to watch a broadcast that they had already seen.  
Miracle was the only one that dressed and got ready with no complaint.  The other two made sure that I knew they were not happy.  We got to the church and we were the only ones that were there.  We waited a while for others to show up.  Then we had to call someone to set up the broadcast for us because no one did that.  Finally, we were all ready to go.  
Because we did not have a lot of time, we had to fast forward through some of the broadcast.  I loved hearing my girls say, "stop here, this is my favorite part!" they had many, many favorite parts.  Of course, we ended up watching most of it and it was full of "favorite" parts.  
Listening to the direction given to women and young women of the church was uplifting and thought provoking.  Listening to speakers who wanted the women to accept each other, be kind to each other, welcome each other and be part of each others lives across the generations was even more welcoming to my heart. 
I try to teach kindness.  I really do.  I try to teach inside voices, and tone of voice as well.  I try to teach my children to not judge others, no matter what it looks like.  We have had several instances in our small town where people judge others and spread rumors about them.  These people are supposedly good church-going Christians.  I want my children to learn that they can depend on each other and also those around them.   
Our testimonies don't stop just because church ends.  If they are true testimonies, they continue on long after the service is over.  The best way that we show our love to our Savior is by the way we treat each other.  It is the kindness and compassion that we show to those who are different that we are.  It is the kind of Christian we are when we are no longer at church (or maybe even when we are).  
Our testimonies should bear witness no matter where we are or who we are with.    Our testimonies should reflect, not only our beliefs, but our willingness to live those beliefs.  They should reflect who we really are.  Daughters of a Heavenly King who loves us and we love Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment