When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Whiteness of a Winter Snowstorm


Last night, just when I was thinking that Spring had come at last, we received a little white surprise.  Four inches to be exact.  I looked out my window to a blanket of crisp, white snow.  I have to admit, it was beautiful.

It drew me out the door, camera in hand, to try and capture some of what I saw.  The snow glistened.  The trees were covered.  The air was cold.  I could smell the moisture in the air and feel the ice against my cheeks.

I can never see a snowstorm without thinking of how it covers all the faults in the world around us.  The mud disappears, the potholes are hidden, any perceived faults are gone in the blink of snow.  It reminds me of the scripture that says:
Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
I look at the muddy world that surrounded me before the storm and I think of how the Love of our Savior covers us.  He doesn't just hide our faults, He takes them into Himself.  In a way we don't understand, He has already suffered for our sins.  He knew we would make mistakes.  He knew we couldn't walk this path alone.  He knew how much we would need Him.  Oh, how very much I need Him. I need His forgiveness, His atonement, His mercy and most of all, His love.  
There is nothing like a winter storm to help me put things in perspective.



My 1000 Gifts

6.  The whiteness of a winter snowstorm.
7.  The gift of doctors and modern medicine.
8.  The healing of injuries.
9.  The speediness of modern transportation. (I drove nearly 400 miles today).
10. Home

No comments:

Post a Comment