When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 11, 2013

Healing Continues


I went to the doctor today to check out my broken arm  The last time I went in, the bone had not even started healing.  That was eight weeks post op.  Now, six weeks later, it is finally showing signs of healing. That is a relief.  I have not been looking forward to the prospect of another surgery, so this was welcome news. 
I can't believe how amazing our bodies really are.  Here I am, with an injury that the doctor told me would be a long time healing.  He told me that I am doing much better than he thought I would.  Here I have been so frustrated because I am not "good as new", when I was never supposed to be. 
I find it amazing that my own body has the power to heal from something like this.  That I can manage to do all of the things I used to do (even if they can be a little more difficult than before).   I am so aware today of the intricacy of the creation.  All of the things that have to go into making each and everything on the earth.  I am so thankful for the blessings that have come to me in these wonderful days on earth.  For the technology that we have in modern medicine.  For the blessings that we have from the miracles that it is so easy to take for granted. 
I am thankful for those in my life who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers.  Who have believed when I wavered and who have trusted when I was afraid.  It has been a humbling experience to have people come into my office on a daily basis and tell be that they are still praying for me in their prayer circles and their homes. 
It is so beautiful to realize that most of them do not go to my same church, or share my exact beliefs, and yet, they have taken me in and prayed me through this.  We are all children of God. 
Today I am thankful for the promise of enough.  That whatever I have will be enough for me.  That He knows me and is aware of my needs.  That He has miracles in store for me if I will just have faith in Him and trust in His timing. 
Today, I have seen a miracle in the gift of healing and the love of many.

1000 Gifts: 

11.  Physical Therapy, that has given me to tools necessary to work and get back my mobility.
12.  Movement, even in the pain it is a blessing to be able to take care of myself.
13.  Education, my doctors being able to learn what they need so that I don't have to be an experiment for anyone else!  Also thankful for my own and it means alot to me to have achieved it. 
14.  Missionary work - It has brought so much joy into our lives to be able to share the things that we love mose with our friends and neighbors.  It has also given one of my daughters confidence in herself and taught her to speak up and to not be afraid. 
15.  Take out food - I could not have done my trip without it.  Plus, it was so nice not to worry about taking a cooler and enough water, snacks ect.  It is so convient to be able to stop and grab and keep going.  We don't do it often, but when we get to, it is so appreciated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment