When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, October 7, 2011

Five Minute Friday - On Ordinary


Want to join The Gypsy Mama and me in the fun of just writing and not worrying if it’s just right (or on time) or not?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Go all out encouraging the writer who linked up before you.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes:

On Ordinary…



or·di·nar·y
Adjective:
With no special or distinctive features; normal.
Noun:
What is commonplace or standard.
Synonyms:
common - usual - regular - normal - habitual - customary


START
I am an ordinary woman.
Washing clothes, washing faces, washing hands;
Cleaning messes, picking up chaos, touching worlds.
I hold dreams, hold hands, hold faces and hold hearts
Wrapped tightly in my love.
I work, I play, I laugh, I cry, I love.
Oh how I love.
Sometimes it hurts so much to love them.
It hurts to see them ache, to see them cry, to see their pain.
But I cling tightly to them,
Holding them fast,
Seeking to shelter and protect,
Seeking to guide and to nurture,
Seeking to change their world and make it better.
I dry their tears, give them hugs and receive millions of butterfly kisses,
Knowing that all things must pass,
Children grow, life goes on,
Time flies, even when we would slow it down
And make it stop.
I have dreamed of being great; of accomplishing amazing things.
In spite of those dreams,
My life,
Is so often filled with ordinary.

The ordinary wants of children,
Ordinary prayers,
Ordinary work,
Ordinary disappointments,
Ordinary hopes,
And most of all, ordinary love. 

I am an ordinary woman, teaching my children how to be
Just a little bit extra-ordinary.
And that has made all the difference.


STOP

Now it is your turn.  What can you write today for just five minutes?

2 comments:

  1. From one mom to another, thank you! Found you on Gypsy Mama's page. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Patty.
    You are the LEAST ordinary woman I know. You love fiercely. You love with your whole heart. There is nothing ordinary about you or the way you love people. YOU are EXTRAORDINARY!

    ReplyDelete