When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 27, 2011

22 Things I Have Done!



Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and go over to Mama Kat's to add your name to the link list on her blog post. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
The Prompts:1.) Last week we wrote about what we have never done…this week write a list of 22 things you HAVE done.
2.) Write about the last item you looked for. Why did you need it?
3.) Something that scared the Hell out of you when you were a child.
4.) Describe something you did with your spouse when you dated, but that you’re now “over”.
5.) Do you have little ones dressing up for Halloween? It’s time for a costume share! What are they going to be?
Of course, I had to choose number 1 this week since I did the things I have never done last week.  So, here is a list of the things I have done.


What I've Done

22.  I have climbed cliffs in Yosemite National Park.
21.  I have stood on the North edge of the grand canyon at Taroweep and looked straight down to the      Colorado River.  (I crawled back from the edge too!)
20.  I have driven from one side of the country, to the other.  From the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic. 
19.  I have camped beneath a Giant Sequoia, and felt as if it went straight up to heaven.
18.  I have stood on the shores looking out to Niagra Falls and felt the spray in my face.
17.  I have been in a hurricane.
16.  I have been in a flood.
15.  I have housed students from all over the world.  (And never learned to speak a different language).
14.  I know American Sign Language.  I took three years of classes to learn it so that I could speak to my employees who were deaf.  
13.  I graduated High School early, but did not go to college until after I was older.
12.  I received my bachelor's degree when I was 39 and my Master's Degree when I was 41. 
11.  I gave birth to nine children.  Six girls and three boys.  (I have never, ever regretted it!)
10.  I have painted oil paintings that hang in my house.  
  9.  I love to sing.  
  8.  I have sang on the radio.
  7.  I learned to dance in high school, and received the award for the most improved dancer (that simply meant that I wasn't any good when I started, but I became tolerable).  I gave up dancing once I got out of school.  
  6.  I have been on television.  It was not an easy thing.
  5.  I have loved and lost and learned to grieve and let go.   
  4.  I have received answers to prayers.
  3.  I have seen miracles.
  2.  I have learned, that no matter what problems we face, we are all children of God and He loves us.
  1.  I am a mother, a wife, a sister, and a friend.   I am simple and complex.  I am learning and growing and being.  I am enough in Him.    

1 comment:

  1. I like that you counted down instead of up and I especially like your TOP 5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I will come back to yours again!
    ~Leslie~

    ReplyDelete