When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peace

Today is a Bigger Picture Moment day.  I am joing up with Sarah from This Heavenly Life as I learn to see the bigger picture through the simple moments in my life. 


Today has been a hard day.  A most difficult day.  I am wanting and needing to relax, to breathe, to feel a little peace.  I find that when I need something bad enough, it helps to just write about it.  It helps to identify what I need.  
I think that most of us have times in our lives that are stressful and full of chaos.  It is so easy to get lost in the noise and the confusion of life.  I think that, when we want to have peace in our lives, we need to do our part as well.  I don't believe that peace is passively waiting for something to happen.  Rather, it is a choice that we make each and every day.  
In these hectic and difficult times, the Savior's promise of peace finds a special place in my heart.  That deep abiding sense of peace that is not found within the world around me, but is found in and through faith in my Savior Jesus Christ.  It is only when I turn to Him that the winds and waves are calmed and I can endure.  
His peace is so much more than just a quiet place.  His peace has the power to heal a mother's heart, the power to change what needs to be changed, and the power to go on, content to know that, although life here may be full of trials, we will yet know peace.  

John 14:27   Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

- Peace - 
It does not mean to be in a place 
where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.  
It means to be in the midst of those things, 
and still be calm in your heart.  

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that last thought ... calm in my heart.... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in the midst of chaos I remind myself to Be still and know....


    Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love that last thought. Thank you for the reminder about Who we truly find our peace in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That peace is so needed here most days. I can totally identify with your feelings of weariness. I hope these last few days have been calmer and much more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness we can experience that peace which passes all understanding. Challenges can certainly attempt to rob us of peace, but when we center our life on the restored gospel of Jesus Christ it brings so much purpose and perspective.

    ReplyDelete