When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Little Bird


The story was told this weekend in one of my church classes.  I loved it and decided that it needed to be retold here for the benefit of others.
The Temple President was called to come into the Celestial Room of the Temple.  There, flying around the ceiling, was a beautiful, small bird.  The President spent some time trying to catch the bird to no avail.  Finally, he said a quick prayer to the Lord and placed the care of the bird in His hands, then he went to do some things that needed to be done.  When he finished, the same sister that had told him about the bird in the first place, met him and told him that he would not believe what happened.  The small bird had flown down from the ceiling directly after the Temple President left the room.  The bird hopped down the hall and into the Temple President's office when it hopped onto the window sill and sat there until one of the brethren was able to cover it with a towel, take it outside, and set it free, watching it fly away unharmed.
Think for a moment how amazing that one small feat was.  Yet somehow, Heavenly Father seemed to listen to the prayer and have the bird behave accordingly.  If Heavenly Father could care about the plight of one small bird, how much more could he care about each one of us.

Matthew 6:26
"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

As I was looking for something to make my point a little better, I found the lyrics to this old song. I have always loved it.

His Eye Is On The Sparrow

Why should I feel discouraged,Why should the shadows come,Why should my heart feel lonely And long for Heav'n and home, When Jesus is my portion? A constant Friend is He: His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches over me; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.

Refrain: I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me (He watches me) His eye is on the sparrow And I know he watches (I know he watches) (I know he watches me) I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me (He watches me) His eye is on the sparrow And I know he watches me (He watches me) He watches me (I know he watches me)

"Let not your heart be troubled, "His tender word I hear, And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears; Though by the path He leadeth But one step I may see: His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.

Whenever I am tempted, Whenever clouds arise, When songs give place to sighing, When hope within me dies, I draw the closer to Him, From care He sets me free: His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He cares for me; His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He cares for me.

1 comment: