When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, August 5, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Whole



I love the write.  I love to read.  I love to talk.  I love words.
I love the way they go together, the way the meanings leap off the pages and into my heart.  I love the way that we teach each other through the words that we write, and through the message between the lines.  

So today, let your words come out in a wonderful, relaxing, and inspirational way.  Take five minutes and just write without criticizing your words, yourself or your story. Just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Write your words without editing them, then link up HERE with The Gypsy Mama for my favorite Five-minute Friday and share with everyone else.
And most importantly, go visit, read, and compliment the person who shared right before you.

The prompt this week is simply:

Whole…



whole/hōl/
Adjective: All of; entire
Noun: A thing that is complete in itself.


START


Sometimes, I think that I don't know what "whole" really is.  There are bits and pieces of myself strung out through a lifetime of aching.  A lifetime of needing.  A lifetime of trials.  A lifetime of love.
I don't think that any of us get out of this life without losing pieces of ourselves along the way.  I am, after all, a mother.  I have given birth so many times that each one blends just a little into the memory of the next.  Along with the birth, comes the many moments of worry, concern, struggle, and need.
I have watched over them when they were small, worried through each of their illnesses and injuries, struggled with them in their desire to be their own unique individuals, (need I say teenagers!) and finally watched them take a part of my heart with them when they go.
How can I possibly feel whole when so many who are a part of me are not with me.  When I must watch them make difficult choices that hurt my very being.  When they must struggle, or cry, or ache through their own set of trials.    
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose and I have found that some are more difficult than others.  As I have learned to let go in my struggle to possess and hold tight, I have also learned to draw closer to the One who knows my pain most of all.  To the One who knows my worries and comforts my tears.
I have learned to turn my grief over to Him, and in return, He has helped to piece together my heart, until finally, I become whole through faith. Whole through grace.
Whole through the greatest gift of all, His eternal love.

STOP


Now it is your turn.  What does WHOLE mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment