When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Webs of Sin


Webs
by Patricia A Pitterle

The spider web
stretched between the front posts of the house,
almost invisible
in the shadow of the porch.
I, with my mind on other things,
took the shortcut to the door
and walked right through the middle
of the sticky threads.
They clung around my legs
and during my hurry to brush them off
I neglected to see the spider
still holding on,
and felt the sharp sting of it's bite
upon my arm.

Often, I have found
when trying to take shortcuts
in my life,
that Lucifer's webs
also lie somewhere in the shadows.
Invisible at times
to my heart and mind,
but still very, very real.
When I become entangled
in their stickiness,
they too,
are hard to remove
and in the process
I feel the sting and bite of Satan's touch.
How grateful I am that the Master's hand,
greater by far than teh healing
of our earthly physicians,
can cleanse the wound and ease the pain
and I find myself whole
once again
through faith, repentance,
and the greatest gift of all,
His eternal love.

1 comment: