When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, July 23, 2010

Attitude! Oh My!


"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll


Isn’t that a great quote! Life is all about choices. We may not be able to choose what happens to us, but we always have the choice in how we react to that action. I am trying to be better at choosing a good attitude in everything I do. It can be important in every aspect of life.
For instance, I teach primary. I have the 3-4 year olds and they are a handful. I could have said no, it certainly is not the most fun I have ever had, but, I did not say no. I said yes and I am teaching. The children like me, I like them. It has it's difficulties, but it also has it's rewards. These are some of the same children I had in nursery a couple of years ago and they still remember me. They are pretty great kids. I am actually enjoying it and them.
Just think, if you say no all the time, you have less of a chance of having those “oh, ah” type of moments. You know, the moments when every thing clicks inside you and you KNOW exactly what you need to be doing. I believe that Heavenly Father blesses us when we try our best. Even if we are not our own idea of what is best, he blesses us and teaches us to be better.

  What are you going to do?

2 comments:

  1. Great quote! I hope you don't mind, but I added the quote to my blog. I'm hoping it will give some friends/family and ah ha moment in regards to their attitudes. I know I don't comment a lot, but I do love all of your inspirational posts. You are great!

    ReplyDelete