When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Beautiful Place

What do you do when you need to hear the still, small voice?

Sometimes, I just have this need inside of me to get away for awhile.  I always choose to go somewhere that I can feel peace.  Somewhere that I can seek out the spirit of my Heavenly Father.  Somewhere that reminds me of my perfect place.
 


On this day, it was a peaceful, beautiful, serene lake.  The woods were filled with birdsong, the water rippled lightly in the breeze, the day was warm and inviting.




I went where peace filled my soul and I could hear the still small voice. 

I love the scriptures in 1 Kings 19:11, 12 that says: 

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

I use this scripture to remind myself that we live in a very noisy world.  It is hard for us to hear the sweet, simple voice of the Spirit in our lives.  If we do not take the time to find those peaceful moments that we need, how can we ever expect to hear the answers to our prayers?




And my new, almost favorite Old Testament verse is found in Psalms 34:4
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.


I promise that if you will take the time, when you seek Him, you WILL find Him.  He is listening, He is waiting, He wants to hear from you.  He will deliver you from your fears.  My you find peace in your life and in His solace. 



I Know That My Savior Loves Me
by Tami Jeppson Creamer and Derena Bell

A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

Chorus:
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.

Chorus:
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
Copyright © 2002 by Tami Jeppson Creamer and Derena Bell. All rights reserved. This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial home or church use.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. It is important to have quiet times like you described.

    ReplyDelete