When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sedona - A little bit of Heaven

Sometimes, we all need to have a little fun.  I am going to sneak in a few pictures of a recent family fun outing that we have had.
We have a friend of ours with us for a month.  Her name is Laura.  She lived with us for a year as a foreign exchange student.  We enjoyed our time with her so much, that she came back to visit us this summer.  We decided, because she won't get to visit us very often, that we would go to some of her favorite places.  The first place she wanted to go was Sedona, Arizona.

Now, in case you have never been there, the rocks really are red.  Most of the time, they even look more red than this!


They can also be white, and black, and brown, and just beautiful!



This formation is called Madonna and child.  It is next to the Chapel on the rock and is one of my favorite places to see.  Can't you just imagine Mary holding her infant child?


One of my favorite parts of Sedona, is how the vegetation grows nearly everywhere.  It grows in sand, in dirt, and if you look closely enough, you will see that it puts down roots even through solid rock.


It surprises you with it's simple tenacity to endure.  With it's ability to acclimate to the harsh, high-desert conditions.  There is no running water next to these green areas.  They get their moisture from the rock and the rain (which doesn't fall nearly often enough!)


I love the way that the plants and animals adapt to life in this beautiful place, providing a beauty all their own.

When I think about Sedona, I think about the ability to bloom where ever I might be planted.  To take whatever I am given and make it beautiful.  To endure my trials with faith, strength and willingness.  To give my Heavenly Father something of myself that only He can make beautiful.
May we each remember to be just a little like one of my favorite pieces of Heaven on Earth, Sedona.


And may we also strive to have just a little bit of fun on our journey!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures and a great message, as always, Patty.

    ReplyDelete