- Name the top five gold metal winners in the last olympic games.
- Name the last five women who won the title of Miss America.
- Name the past five Superbowl winners.
- Name the last five Nobel Prize winners.
- Name the five richest people in the world
The point is that none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. Whatever they have done is in the past. The applause dies, the awards gather dust on a shelf, the certificates are put away in a long-forgotten scrapbook. The people that we might have thought were winners are buried and gone.
Here is another quiz for you.
- Name five teachers who influenced you for the better.
- Name five people who made you feel appreciated and valued.
- Name three friends who taught you something you will never forget.
- Name three people who have helped you make it through difficult times.
- Name five people that you love to spend time with.
Did you do a little better with the second quiz? Remember that the people in your life that matter the most are not the ones with the credentials from the world. They are not the ones that the world admires and reveres. They are not the ones with the most awards, the most money, or the most newspaper articles written about them.
The people in your life that matter the most are simply the ones that care.