When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one." ~Jill Churchill

Today, I want to celebrate mothers.  All of them.  The ones who have little children, the ones whose children are grown, the birth mothers, the adoptive mothers, the step mothers, the aunts, the neighborhood 'grandmothers'.  I want to celebrate the women who have the strength to share a little of their love with children everywhere.  We, as women, have the ability to change our world, just by doing the things that we do best.  Some women will not have children in this life, but that will not make them any less of a mother.
If someone in your life has made a positive difference, let her know.  Let her know that you have been blessed because of what she shared with you.  For those whose mothers have gone before, remember them with love and gladness.  Their best traits live on in you.  This mother's day, let us rejoice in the love of our Heavenly Father who gave us the ability to love and nurture one another.   

And Jean, don't ever forget that you are amazing!  You have been a mother to me in all the ways that matter most.  I love you, I admire you, and I wish I were more like you!  Thank you for being there for me during all the difficult times in my life.  It has made a world of difference. 



"Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way."
Sheri L. Dew

No comments:

Post a Comment