When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Things that Matter Most





I am so reminded at this time of year how important my family is in my life.  They have brought me my greatest joys.  At this time, my number one resolution for the year is to spend more time with each one of them and enjoy their unique and wonderful influence in my life.  My children have helped me so much in this journey that we call life.  They have been my anchor in the storms and my reason to endure my challenges.  I know that Heavenly Father watches over them.  I know that He blesses them.  I know that He loves them.  As do I.  May we each search within ourselves and make resolutions and changes that turn us toward the things that matter most. 


My Family
The people who know me and love me in spite of it.
We spend January first, walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched.  Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential.  ~Ellen Goodman

One of my favorite scriptures is found in the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 2:16 - "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."  (It's also found in Isaiah 49:16 in the KJV of the bible). Every time I read this, I know that Heavenly Father knows who I am and what I have done.  I know that He knows my name, just as He knows yours.  I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ,  atoned for my sins, those I have done, and those I have not.  I know that He loves me even though I am imperfect.  I know that He has provided a way for us to be together forever with our families and with Him in our heavenly home.  May you each see the divine potential within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment