When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Road is Rough



Today, I am going to post one of my all time favorite poems.  I memorized it when I was 17 years old and it has stayed with me all my life.  It is something that I think of and review when the trials seem greater than I can bear.  Tonight, I went with Miracle to New Beginnings at the Taylor Stake Center.  It was such a good meeting and much of it was on trials and heartaches and enduring to the end.  We all have a rough road.  I pray that you may recognize that you never walk it alone.

The Road Is Too Rough

by  Olga J. Weiss

“The road is too rough,” I said, “Dear Lord,
There are stones that hurt me so.”
And He said, “Dear child, I understand,
I walked it long ago.”

“But there’s a cool, green path,” I said.
“Let me walk there for a time.”
“No, child,” He gently answered me,
“The green road does not climb.”

“My burden,” I said, It is far too great;
How can I bear it so?”
“My child,” said He, “I remember its weight,
I carried My cross, you know.

But I said, “I wish there were friends with me,
Who would make my way their own.”
“Ah, yes,” He said, “Gethsemane
Was hard to face alone.”

And so I climbed the stony path,
Content at last to know
That where my Master had not gone,
I would not need to go.

And strangely then I found new friends,
The burden grew less sore;
And I remembered—long ago,
He went that way before.



1 comment: