When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Sum of our Sins


 
This is important!  How we identify ourselves can set us up for either success or failure.  I tend to dwell on the mistakes that I have made.  I worry a lot.  I stew about things.  I have a hard time putting it all away.  Satan would have us believe that there is no way back for us.  That repentance will never happen.  That whatever it is that we have done is too horrible to ever receive forgiveness.  That is not what the Lord says though. 

2 Peter 3:9 
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I love that Heavenly Father wants us all to come to repentance.  He wants us to come home to Him.  If He chooses not to remember our sins, why do we persist in doing it?  He chooses to grant us the mercy of forgiveness, why do we throw that gift right back into His face.  I am talking to myself a lot here.  I know that I am guilty of not forgiving myself.  It is a great comfort to know that the sum of my sins do not define who I am.  
I am so much more that any mistake that I have made.  I am so much more than my past.  I can choose to change at any time.  I can repent, receive His grace, and find my place with Him.    


No comments:

Post a Comment