When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sabbath Day Scribblings - Patience, A Calm Acceptance


Patience, is the calm acceptance
that things can happen 
in a different order than the one
you had in mind.  
 
I am forced to admit, that I don't like setbacks.  I struggle to find the time for healing and rest in my busy life.  I have found that Heavenly Father knows what I need so much better than I do.  We might not be able to take the hike we wanted, or walk in the mornings, but we learn to do other things and take care of ourselves in the meantime. 
My daughter struggled with a tendon tear on her left ankle for over a year.  It was very painful and her foot would pop out of place when she tried to do anything on it.  I would get a call from the school and have to go down to put it back in place again and tape it up.  We thought for sure it was going to mean surgery.  The doctor we saw was excellent and, with time, had her up and walking again.  It wasn't how she wanted to spend the year, but her calm acceptance of the situation and the blessings she received by not having surgery have made it all worthwhile.  
We don't always know why things aren't going the way we planned, but we can rest in peace knowing that HE KNOWS. 

2 comments: