When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, June 30, 2011

A child I find inspiring

This week, I am joining with Mama Kat again for her weekly challenge.  Pick a prompt, write about it and link up with the rest of us! 
This week's prompts:
1.) Describe a memorable first date.
2.) Write about a child you find inspiring.
3.) What do you find most challenging about blogging?
4.) Name a pet peeve you have about how other parents raise their kids. Go on…stir the pot.
5.) We often spend time and energy talking about people in our lives we don’t see enough of. Describe a person in your life you are in contact with often. What does he/she mean to you?

Bonus Vlog Option!
6.) If you could thank your mom for anything, what would it be? Create a video thanking her for something.

I decided to write about number two - a child I find inspiring. 
In my life, there are so many children that I find inspiring.  Most of them are grown now, although I still have a few that qualify as children.  I decided, rather than write about one child (and possibly end up with grief over forgetting someone else), I would make a quick observation about each of them.  They have all been such an inspiration in my life.  I have been blessed to have them here to share the simple moments with me.  
Kirbi, my oldest daughter.  She is always so inspiring for me.  She has always been the glue that held the siblings together.  She is the one that organizes everyone, makes sure that they are all included, and just loves us all.  She is the one that sees through the faults and failings, to find the person that we are deep down inside.  She cares, she shares, she loves.  She inspires me to be just a little better.  She encourages me to love just a little bit more.
Louis, my oldest son.  He was always so involved with sports and friends.  He could be friends with anyone, and was willing to accept them just as they were.  He did not follow the crowd.  The crowd followed him.  He could accept everyone and allow them to live by their own decisions.  We always told him that he could have anyone he wanted for a friend as long as they were better people because they were with him, and as long as he did not develop those habits that we should not have.  He inspires me with his ability to accept others just as they are, and to see the best in them.  
David, my second son.  He had many struggles growing up.  The thing that I have always admired most about him is his willingness to give.  If he had five pieces of candy, and their were six kids, he was the one that went without.  He was the first one to hug, the first one to wrap his arms around me and give me a hug, the first one to give a part of himself for everyone else.  He inspires me to be generous to those around me.  
Lori Anna, my second daughter and fourth child has always been caught in the middle.  She was not the oldest or the youngest.  She kept me on my toes, but also made me laugh.  She was always busy and always observing.  She loved animals and would befriend every one she found.  Our house always had cats and dogs and any other animal she could talk me into.  We will always remember the day that she fed the pig a 50 lb bag of dog food because he looked "hungry".  She inspires me to look at the world around me with wonder and delight, and to appreciate the small, ordinary, everyday efforts.
Adam - my third boy and fifth child was always running after his older brothers.  He could usually be found in the nearest mud puddle with a smile on his face.  He was always happy.  He had to try everything and experimented with many things.  He was always quick to forgive and to hug.  I admired him most for his ability to smile.  You could not be around him without smiling yourself.  He inspires me to smile and enjoy life.  
Emily - my sixth child was the "baby" for a long time.  She was always close to her brothers and sisters and always managed to tug their heart strings.  She always knew exactly what she wanted and would work until she could get it.  She is so creative and so organized in everything.  I get tired just trying to keep up!  She inspires me with her ability to simply hang on and wait.  The good will come.    
Amy Lynn came into my life when she was eight years old.  She is so patient and calm.  I admire her ability to bounce back from difficulties and heartache.  I love her natural ability to accept those around her and to love them, no matter what their faults may be.  She is happy with what life has given her.  Her needs are simple and few.  She inspires me to be more accepting and grateful for my blessings.  
Josh also came late into my life.  He was (and is) so quiet and contained.  He is also creative and writes stories and books.  He makes decisions, and keeps them, no matter what anyone else thinks of them.  He is sure of himself and what he likes and doesn't like.  He inspires me to stretch myself and to work on my own dreams.  
Miracle is the oldest of the "little's".  She has already had so many challenges and difficulties.  She is obedient and kind.  She loves her family is has always been the one that cries over "goodbyes".  No matter what happens, she just keeps going forward.  She inspires me everyday to have strength and trust in my Heavenly Father.  
Mikayla is the middle of the ones left at home.  She is a busy girl.  She plays the cello and the piano.  She loves to babysit and to be with her friends.  She is becoming, everyday, more of a young woman.  She inspires me to keep trying and changing.  To remember that each and everyone of us are still becoming the person we were meant to be.
Anya is really the "baby" of our brood.  She has always been happy and independent.  If there is no one to keep her company, she can bask in her own wondrous world.  She is growing and changing everyday.  She is learning to be the person that she wants to be.  Anya inspires me to have joy in all of the simple moments and the little things that surround me.  
There are so many ways that each one of these amazing people have inspired me as I have walked this earthly journey with them, I tried to contain it to just one.  Each of these children have loved me and helped to define me.  Each of them, have added to the person that I am and helped me to become more like the person that I want to be.  Each one of them have given me gifts and blessings.  Each one of them, are wanted, cherished, admired and loved.   I am filled with gratitude for the many inspiring moments that I have had with them. I am so very thankful for the privilege of being their mother.    



No comments:

Post a Comment