When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Gift of Talents


When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, 
and I could say,
'I used everything you gave me'. 
Erma Bombeck


Talents
by Patricia A Pitterle

My book room
is filled with books.
Many are like
old and well worn
friends, that I have
visited with
and enjoyed
throughout my childhood.
Each one
testifying of hands
which have lovingly
picked them up,
to be read again
and again.

Some are more recently read
and their pages
have been creased
only once or twice.
Still others
are used simply
as points of reference.
And there are yet a few
whose covers still creak
when they are opened
for they haven't been used at all.
their lessons and enjoyments
are still hidden
from my view.

Each person
is a little
like my book room
and the books within
are individual talents.
Some are old and well worn
testifying of much use.
They have brought joy
to those around us.
Some are more recently developed
and have only been used
a few times
we have not yet found confidence
 in our ability to use them.

Others are used
simply as a point of reference,
Sitting on the shelf
of our existence.
We look for them
in ways
few and far between,
their depths are still,
as yet, unexplored.
Still others
have never been used at all
the benefits and knowledge
to be found in them
are still hidden from view.


Each one of us
are just a little
like a book room.
Within the pages of our lives
are written
the gifts that we have been given.
Presents from Him who lives above.
Those gifts are talents
developed,
slightly used,
unexplored,
and hidden.
What are you doing
to find them within yourself today?

1 comment:

  1. Good post--you've made me think. I have a mug with that Erma Bombeck quote on it. It's one of my favorites . . .

    ReplyDelete