When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Closer than your breath!


I heard that term today, used to describe a feeling.  I loved it.  Think about it for just a moment, "Closer than your breath".
 I have learned in my life that there are times when I experience Heavenly Father's nearness to me. I feel His welcoming presence.  I feel His love.  I know that He is watching out for me.
There are other times, when He seems so far away.  When I come to know the loneliness of feeling alone.  I have come to realize, that the Lord has not changed locations.  He is still there, still close, still waiting for me.  I might have changed my distance from Him.  I might have my own agendas and purposes that take me away from His spirit.  I might forget what it feels like to be near to Him.  I might even forget that I want to be near to Him.  
I have found that it helps me to spend time looking for Him in my everyday life.  It helps to acknowledge His guiding hand in my many blessings.  I spend time everyday trying to decide what is in His plan for me, what I need to do, and how I should be doing it.
I have also found that I can find Him even more often when I sit back and am quiet.  I find Him in the silence of the scriptures, in my meditations, even in my reading.  I find Him as I find the beauty that surrounds me in photography.  I find Him in my prayers each night and morning, I find Him in the songs I sing, I find Him in the quiet of a peaceful walk, or even in my heart when I take the time to reflect, relax, and just breath.
I have come to see, that sometimes I am reaching so hard to find the miraculous that I totally miss all the miracles that surround me.  All the simple, ordinary, everyday miracles that make life worth living.  I have found that when I count my blessings, I can find Him in all of them.  When my trials have been worse than I believed I could ever bear, He has always been there, closer than my breath, waiting for me to reach out to Him.

3 comments:

  1. "sometimes I am reaching so hard to find the miraculous that I totally miss all the miracles that surround me."

    I LOVE that! So true. Sometimes we concentrate so hard on the "big picture" that we're missing each piece of the mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very special thoughts...so true... when we feel He is far away.. He has not moved. He may have alloweed a situation that will cause us to seek after Him more... and if we do he Is right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this line: "I can find Him even more often when I sit back and am quiet." So true! Thanks for the lovely reminder.

    ReplyDelete