When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On Bended Knee


A very long time ago, when life was a little harder, I wrote a song.  I have even sang it in public, although I know that I need to rewrite the music someday.  I thought that I would share the words with you today and hope that if you need comfort in your life, you will find what you are seeking.

On Bended Knee
by Patricia A Pitterle

Father, are you listening?
Do you hear the words that I pray?
Can you touch the heart of an anguished soul
Who is uncertain and afraid?
My trials have overcome me.
I can't bear them anymore.
I am seeking for your guidance.
I am knocking at your door.

Father, are you listening?
The need to know is here.
Will you help me walk this storm-tossed sea?
Let me feel your presence near.
On bended knee, with broken heart
I humbly bow my head
I am seeking for your comfort now
I am willing to be led.

Father, I am listening.
I hear the answer to my prayer.
You have eased my pain and suffering.
You have shown me that you care.
When life is or'shadowed with darkness
And light and hope are dim.
I will follow the Savior's teachings
I will walk along with Him.

There is no river I must cross
Or mountain I must climb
That He has not traveled before
Around me His light shines
The darkness parts beneath His gaze.
Life's path once more is clear
Tribulations are more easily born
When shared with one so dear!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful words. I can relate to the feelings expressed.

    ReplyDelete