When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Holiness to the Lord


At the Time Out For Women in Phoenix Arizona, I loved Wendy Watson Nelson's talk on living our lives as if we were striving to have the plaque in front of the Temple that says, "Holiness to the Lord", engraved  upon our souls.

What does the word Holy mean?  The Dictionary defines HOLY as:

  1. exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness
  2. divine
  3. devoted entirely to the deity or the work of the deity
  4. having a divine quality : venerated as or as if sacred
She challenged us to ask ourselves, "What would a holy woman do in this situation"?
How would a holy woman greet her husband when he came home from work?
How would a holy woman treat her children?
How would a holy woman deal with hurt? Anger? Frustration? Or loneliness?

When you ask yourself what a holy woman would do, picture yourself with the Savior in the same room with you. What would you do with Him watching over you?
Here challenge continued with asking us to practice being a holy woman for three days. You only have to choose one activity per day to be holy in. You need to choose it and do it however a holy woman would do it. It can be as simple as fixing dinner, or playing with your children after school. It just needs to be one activity that you will do as if the Savior were with you.
So, for this week, I have been struggling to be holy. The activity that I picked was the time directly after I come home from work. It is the time when I am usually the most cranky. I have been wanting to change that with my children for a long time. So, when I come home from work in the evening, I am asking myself, what would Jesus do if He were here? How would a holy woman treat her children? What would she be willing to do for them? I have been taking more time to just enjoy them. To be with them. Somehow, I think a holy woman would appreciate what she has as blessings in her life. I have decided that maybe I have been taking my blessings a little bit for granted. I think a holy woman would honor them for the gift that they are in her life.
What changes would a holy woman make in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment