When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, April 16, 2018

This Moment is Your LIFE



It has been an interesting couple of weeks in our home.  My husband was diagnosed with skin cancer.  We weren't sure how bad it was, or what getting rid of it would entail.  To be honest, we weren't even sure how bad it could possibly be.
So, he made the appointments, got the biopsy, received the results of the biopsy and made the appointment to have it removed.  That happened this Saturday.  Neither of us was ready for how much they would take off his face, or what type of scar he would have at the end.
To be honest, he was probably just a little more upset about cutting his beard than the scar.
I have spent a lot of time thinking this week and being grateful.  Thinking about how it could have been and being grateful for the medical care that came up on the mountain to take care of him.  I have also been grateful for all the thoughts and prayers and well wishes from so many around us.
We had no idea how aggressive skin Cancer could be.  We really had no idea what to expect at all.  So, it was a little disconcerting to find that he had two types of cancer.  One a slow growing kind, and one very aggressive type.  I am so grateful that they could get all the cancer and that the scar won't be too bad after it is healed.  I had time to reflect on what this man means to me and how very blessed I really am.
I have a husband who never goes to doctors.  He doesn't take any medication and he is very healthy.  He found a small sore on his face, it did not heal or get better and started to turn dark.  He called the doctor himself and went in to have it checked out.
I am so blessed that he knew something wasn't right and went in to have it looked at.
I realize how much he means to me and to our family.  This crazy, messy, chaotic life we live is really filled with pretty amazing moments in spite of it.  We have children who love us and care about us.  We have the opportunity to serve them and help them and be there for them.  We have them mostly raised and are blessed to see them grow and learn and develop.  We get to experience the joy of grandchildren and the love and blessings they bring into our lives.
I have lived too much of my life waiting for moments to pass.  Waiting for things to change. Waiting for something to be different.  Today, I am learning to just enjoy the moment I am in.  Each step of the way brings it own trials and blessings, but also so much joy.
My husband has always told me that I need to stop and smell the roses a little more often.  Today, I can see just how much he might be right.  This moment, right here and now, is worth everything to me.  And so I move forward, one small, tender mercy at a time.
This moment is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment