When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, December 2, 2016

What does God Do?



“I recognize that, on occasion, some of our most fervent prayers may seem to go unanswered. We wonder, ‘Why?’ I know that feeling! I know the fears and tears of such moments. But I also know that our prayers are never ignored. Our faith is never unappreciated. I know that an all-wise Heavenly Father’s perspective is much broader than is ours. While we know of our mortal problems and pain, He knows of our immortal progress and potential. If we pray to know His will and submit ourselves to it with patience and courage, heavenly healing can take place in His own way and time.”
—Russell M. Nelson, "Jesus Christ—the Master Healer," Ensign, Nov. 2005, 86
I know what it is like to feel my prayers are ignored.  I know how much it hurts to wonder "why".  I think that I often ask Heavenly Father the wrong questions.  I want Him to direct every single moment of my life.  I am afraid of making mistakes and losing Him in the process.  I know what it is to be scarred and anguished.  I know how it hurts to want healing and feel like I am just not worthy of it. 
It can be so hard to come to Him when everything is going well, and so hard to come to Him when we see ourselves as being so unworthy.  One of the things that I am really working on is coming to Him no matter what.  Learning that His grace really does make all the difference.  I want Him to be my trusted friend.  Someone that I can tell every thing too.  Not just my trials, but my joys as well. 
I am working on remembering to tell Him how very grateful I am every single day.  I don't want Him waiting to hear from me.  I don't want to be the person who only prays when there are problems.  I think it is important to share my joys as well as my sorrows. 
I have been blessed to feel His healing in my own life.  I have seen how He can work from nothing, and change literally everything.  It is amazing to witness His miracles upon the earth.  I have also felt His joy when I am happy, or when I am trying to be.  I have been comforted in the dark places of life.  I have felt His love amidst the pain. 
I am also old enough now to realize that I can't see the bigger picture.  There have been things that happened a long time ago that we horrible at the time.  I could not understand how a loving God could be so unaware.  Now I know that He never is.  He knows each and everyone of us.  Now I see the blessings that come after the trials have passed.  Now I can appreciate that He does know us and love us, even in our tribulations. 
Heavenly healing does happen, maybe not when we want it too, maybe not even in this life.  But I know for myself that my wounds will be healed and the blessings will come.
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment