When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, October 20, 2016

What I learned - The Master Healer



You don’t have to experience the sorrow caused by sin, the pain caused by others’ actions, or the painful realities of mortality—alone.

The Master Healer by Carole Ann Stephens

I loved this talk.  It was a totally amazing example of what I need to do most. 

“Is there something specific that women should focus on?”
I answered, “Yes!” as President Russell M. Nelson’s talk “A Plea to My Sisters” entered my mind. President Nelson taught, “We need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ.”
Nephi described the doctrine of Christ this way:
“For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost. …
“And now … I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
“Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
“… This is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ.

I love that the Master Healer of us all, can help to heal the pain when others are responsible for our hurts.  He knows what it is to be betrayed by friends.  He knows what it means to feel all alone.  He knows our hearts and our minds and our grief.  I love that we don't have to be responsible for the sins of others.  We can have compassion for them and love them, but we don't have to take their sins upon ourselves.  We can turn it all over to Him who truly knows our hearts and our minds. 

I am sure that I am making this sound easy.  In reality, it is not.  It is hard to watch others stumble and fall, especially when we love them.  It is hard to forgive when our hearts are aching and angry and hurt and afraid.  I love that He can take all that away and provide peace in our darkest moments.  We do not have to carry our burdens alone.  Lean on Him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment