When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, November 14, 2014

Five Minute Friday - STILL

“Be still, and know that I am God” 
(Psalm 46:10).

Today is one of my favorite days of the week.   It is Friday.  It is a day when a bunch of people link up together over at Kate's Place for a Five-Minute Friday.  The rules are simple;  write for five minutes on the prompt, no editing - no worries, link up over at Heading Home with Kate, leave a comment for at least one of the people who linked up before you.  See, no problem at all.  
The prompt this week is:

STILL

START

My head pounds, my heart races, the what's, where's, when's, how's and what if's race through my mind in a loud cacophony of sound that I can't seem to still.  I can't slow down the beating of my heart.  I can't stop all the thoughts from racing around (like the ferris wheel at the State Fair), in my mind.  I can't stop thinking and I can't seem to just be still.  
I feel anxiety and depression like a dark stain on my heart.  Every waking moment, I fight to feel peace.  I fight for the still moments.  Sometimes, it is hard to focus on His words with all the noise in my head.  It is hard to find His peace in the chaos.  
The world races around me.  Everything seems to be moving way too fast.  Where can I turn for peace?  Where is my solace?  I open the books with His words.  I find one of my favorite stories.  I start to read.  I breath in and muscles start to relax, and breath out the tension of the day, then breath once again.  
Slowly, I start to calm.  
I find my center.  
I seek His words.  
I feel His peace.  
I am still.  

STOP

Now it is your turn.  What can your write in your own five minutes?  Don't forget to link back up with the rest of us over at Kate's place!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Patricia - there is such honesty in this post! Why does it take us so long to stop and listen to Him, to remember who we are, by remembering Whose we are? Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How my heart resonates with what you describe here - and feels the heaviness of that "fight" for peace. And I wish I could take your hand and we could sit together, and all I could really say is, "I know. I know." I'm grateful for this breath that finally came, even for a moment of reprieve. For the calm. For his words spoken to your soul. Peace to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete