When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Negativity, I am so, NOT, doing it!


It is easy to be negative.  It is easy to find everything wrong around it.  It is easy to focus on those things.  But then, I have discovered, that becomes you LIFE'S focus.  Everywhere you gaze becomes something that is wrong.  I am learning to find the blessings instead of the trials.  The trials are still there, but along with every one, comes a blessing that I didn't expect.  When I shift my focus to the blessings, I find even more surrounding me than I realized.  The good begins to outweigh the bad.  My attitude changes.  I start to realize that I have a really good life, instead of the not so good one that I imagined. 
We become what we focus on.  If we want to be happy, we need to shift our focus to the happy things.  We need to look for the blessings under the rock or the water or even the ground.  This year, the Young Women's theme is: Come Unto Christ.  I find myself realizing that the first way we start to come unto Him is to see the wonderful blessings that He has given us.  To experience the power of the atonement, we need to first admit that we have need of the atonement and then realize that it does, indeed, apply to all of us.  
None of us are without sin.  None of us can make it back to Heaven on our own.  Nothing we have ever done cannot be forgiven, even if it is hard, but first, we have to know that it is possible.
My own negativity is often because of my feelings about myself.  So on this journey this year, as I work on Coming unto Christ, I am also going to work on recognizing His Hands in every part of my life.  I am going to search for my blessings.  I want to become closer to him, and I believe that the more I seek to become like Him, the more my journey will lead me toward Him.  I will become who He needs me to be.
The scriptures tell us:
Moroni 10:32 "Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 




3 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this one. Amen to it all; you are so right in all that you said on this one. I too have fallen the trap of being negative and not looking for my blessings. Over the last few years I have recognized more fully the Lord's hand in my life. I have deep gratitude for the lessons learned.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with focusing on the negative too. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! And Yeah for POSITIVITY! :D Hugs and love, Corine :)

    ReplyDelete