When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Am Thankful



“Gratitude doesn't change the scenery.  
It merely washes clean the glass you look through 
so you can clearly see the colors.”
Richelle E. Goodrich

I have so much to be thankful for.  This man, this crazy, smiling, thinks he is Santa man, makes me smile and laugh  He teaches me to find joy in the ordinary.  To not be so weary.  He loves me even in the midst of my trials, even when I struggle.  He cherishes me, nurtures me, and most of all, he cares for me.  
I have found just a little of my Heavenly Father's love in his eyes.  I can sometimes see myself close to how he sees me.  We have been married over 19 years now, and in all that time, he never yells at me.  He never criticizes me.  He just loves me and supports me and helps me find my way.  
Learning to be grateful for him, doesn't change him, but it changes me.  It helps me to see him in the ways that made me fall in love with him the first time.  I see the color of happiness in his eyes and I know I am home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment