When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, November 29, 2013

A Letter To God From A Child



"Children are the hands 
by which we take hold of heaven."

Sometimes, weird things happen to me in my work.  We have a special mailbox in the grade school that the Chamber of Commerce and Santa's Kid's sponsors every year.  They collect all the letters and bring them to me.  I answer the Santa Letters from the kids that write.  Sometimes, those letters really touch my heart.  I always send a letter back with a Candy Cane.  I am used to those types of letters. 
A couple of months ago, I received two letters to God.  That was something that has never happened to me before and I did not know what to do about it.  I did not know who they were from until the mom came in and asked my clerk if I would answer them for her children.  I put them in my desk and ignored them because I didn't feel worthy to speak for God in any capacity.  
This week, the mom came back in and talked to me (so I couldn't ignore her).  She told me that her kids have been through a lot in their lives.  She asked me to please answer their letters.  Their birthdays are on Thanksgiving and it would mean so much to them to have an answer.  I told her that I really felt inadequate for this one and asked her to take the letters to a minister.  She insisted that I would do the job exactly right for them.   She had more faith in me than I have ever had in myself. 
So, I wrote the letters.  I answered them as simply and as sincerely as I knew how.  Perhaps, that is all any of us can do.  Then, we have to trust God to do the rest. 


Dear Child,

I love getting pictures and letters from my children.  I always like to see the good things that you are making.  I am only as far away as a prayer and I always hear you.  You can talk to me anytime.  You can find me in the world around you and in the Scriptures. 
The Bible says:

“By this shall men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another” (John 13:35).

One of the best ways to show love for Me is to be kind to others. Love your family, your friends and even those who are mean to you.  That can be hard, I know, but you will feel better when you make good choices. 
Thank you so much for thinking of me.  Keep praying and keep learning. 

I love you so very much.

Love,
God

No comments:

Post a Comment