When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Minute Friday - View


Today is Friday once again, my favorite day for writing.  Don't forget to link back over at Lisa Jo's after you finish.  We love to share!  So, let’s do this thing. Let’s write.
Set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back over at Lisa Jo's and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on the word:::

View…


START

My life has been filled with vistas and valleys.  There are places I have been that have made a lasting impression on me.  Sometimes, the impression is amazing, and sometimes, well, not quite so much.  The thing about the view that I have learned is that it changes depending upon where we are standing.  Those days of working three jobs to try and make the ends meet somewhere in the middle, are over.  But the memories linger on.  So much better in hindsight than they were at the time.  
The days of boys throwing papers at 2:00am while I drove through empty streets.  The mornings of rushing off to school and work and the babysitter's house.  The nights of rocking sick children and holding colicy babies are gone.  The wonder of holding a new life just after birth.  The loving, the needing, the wishing, the hoping, all learned in the past.  
In this vista of life, I have teenagers.  (that might be one of those harder things),  I have a loving husband, I have grandchildren.  I have worries and aching and love and friendship.  In this place, I am learning to live in the moment, because I have learned that time passes and the view will change.  No matter what spot in life we are in, eventually, the view will change.  

STOP

Now it is your turn.  What can you write in just five minutes?  Don't forget to go back over to Lisa Jo's and share with the rest of us!  Hope to see you there!

5 comments:

  1. Oh! You took my breath away when you wrote: "My life has been filled with vistas and valleys." Yes, me too. Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! So beautiful also, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I love this: I have worries and aching and love and friendship. In this place, I am learning to live in the moment, because I have learned that time passes and the view will change. No matter what spot in life we are in, eventually, the view will change.

    Amen. So amen. :) Here from FMF. Thank you for sharing. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and miss you patty
    My views have changed so much in the past few months. But i know that you are one constant in my life, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete