When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'll Be What You Need Me To Be, Dear Lord


“And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
“And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works” (Alma 7:23–24).

The scriptures bring me so much guidance and comfort.  This one is Alma is one of my all time favorites.  It reminds me of the type of person that I am supposed to be.  Not the kind that the world wants me to be, but the kind that my Heavenly Father needs me to be, and the kind of person that I need to be in Him.  The older I get, the more I find myself working toward becoming this kind of woman.
Pondering the scriptures gives me the courage to change and gives me guidance to work toward the changes that I need to make in my life.  The scriptures touch my heart and fill my life with blessings.  They remind me that my Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of me even with all my problems and sin.
I have discovered that the scriptures can communicate different messages at different times of my life.  I can't tell you how many times I find the answer to prayer in the pages of scripture that I read every day.  I also can't even begin to describe the number of times a scripture speaks to my heart and I don't even remember reading it before.  Suddenly, it becomes like a new and valued treasure in my life.  One I study and ponder eagerly for the message.
The scriptures can chastise me, calm my soul, comfort my heart, bring me to repentance, speak peace, encourage me in my journey, or just remind me that I am not alone.   They give me a path to follow if I would be more like Him.  May you find comfort and peace within those wondrous pages.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. If I ever have to give a talk about this I will steal, I mean borrow this. LOL

    ReplyDelete