When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Social Networking

This week, I am madly rushing about, both at work and at home, trying to finish up the last minute Christmas items on all the lists.  Yesterday, in the middle of mass chaos at work, my husband called me and wanted me to go look at what he found on facebook.  He was all excited about it, but of course, there was no way for me to look until after I went home.  I have to say that I was not sure what to think about it, but as I watched it a couple of times, I started to agree that there is something there, something different, something just a little unique. 
I suppose, that in some ways, finding God all around us is what we are really here to do.  Since I have started this blog, I have been amazed at how my vision has increased.  How much more I see His hand in my life and the lives of those around me.  I find that I am so much more grateful today for His love and presence all around me.  When I am feeling very alone, I have realized that it is not because He is not there, rather it is because I will not see. 
We can each open our eyes and look for ways to find the Savior.  Maybe He was not born in these times, but He knows all about them.  I find it interesting that you can even manage to find Him on facebook if you just take the time to open your eyes and look. 
Remember that He was born in a stable and cradled in a manger, but we have to choose to go to the stable of our lives and find Him.  He is there waiting, it is totally up to us whether or not we reach out to Him.




Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that video was super cool! I'm glad all that didn't happen during the age of FB though! :) Neat still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part--23 friends unfriended Joseph-- Got to love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracks me up! I loved when Joseph was confused, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that interesting? I saw that earlier today. The person who posted it thought it was blasphemous, but I thought it was...intersting. I'm with Deila on the unfriending thing. It was a cool take on it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete