When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jesus take the wheel

Yesterday was a scary day!  I needed to go drive up to Sunrise to pick up Miracle.  She had a skiing field trip with her school, and also had a pre-concert practice with the college.  I drove to the ski resort to pick her up and take her to choir.  I started out in a snowstorm.  The wind whistled and blew around my little truck, I was able to make pretty good time until just outside of Showlow.  Then the snow hit in force.  The visibility shrunk down to only a few feet past the hood of the truck.  It took me an hour to drive up the the ski resort. 
I got there, to find my sweet young daughter, shivering in the wind and cold, waiting for me out in the parking lot because she was afraid I would not be able to find her in the snow.  We drove all the way to Snowflake in a blizzard.  The visibility was near zero, I could not pull the truck off to the side of the road because I was afraid of being hit by another vehicle.  You literally could not see if there were other cars on the road. 
The road was so slippery, that I put it into first gear and went slowly onward.  The truck did circles down the road at one point.  There were steep ditches on either side of the road and whenever I looked over the edge, I was certain we would not be found easily if we slid off.  It scared us both so bad and Miracle has decided that she is NEVER going to go anywhere in a blizzard again. 
Of course, we did not know that it would become a blizzard.  It was not on the news.  I only know that there were several parts during that trip when I am absolutely positive that it was not me driving.  At one point, we were sliding sideways toward a big ditch at the side of the road.  Right before we went over the edge, the wheels caught something and I was able to straighten out the truck.  We did finally make it to choir and were just in time for Miracle to practice her solo.  We had an amazing practice and another harrowing ride to get home to Overgaard.  It took me over two hours to get to Sunrise, two and a half hours to get to Snowflake, and another two hours to get home.  This is major dedication!  All I know is that when you can't see the road because of the storm, you need to not worry about going home!

While we were going through all this, a song came on the radio and stuck with both of us for the trip.  I thought I would share it with you.  It is so true.  Sometimes it is wise to remember that we don't have to travel this road alone.  There is always someone in our lives who is willing to help us.  He will take the wheel if we will only ask. 

"Jesus Take The Wheel"

She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her Mama and her Daddy with the baby in the backseat
Fifty miles to go and she was running low on faith and gasoline
It'd been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
she was going way too fast
Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was so scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat sleeping like a rock
And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life
I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment