When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, June 7, 2018

Lifting the hands that hang down


I am loving the new changes from visiting teaching to ministering.  I don't know why exactly, but there is just something about the work "ministering" that makes a difference to me.  It is a chance to lift another.  To help those who need help.  To watch over those who are ill or injured or just need a little extra help.  I think I might like it because it is my chance to really help others.  To keep them safe and go the extra mile in service.  For some reason, serving sounds so much better than teaching.  
I love having the opportunity to find ways to serve.  
This week, we had a fire in our area.  Actually, it is still burning and destroying part of my beloved forest.  However, when I found out where it was burning, the first thing I though of was to call those nearest the fire and see if I could help them in any way.  I wanted to make sure they were safe and secure and far away from danger.  
I make a lot of mistakes.  I can't fix everything that I wish I could.  I can't put out a fire that is burning over 22 miles of forest.  I can drive an ambulance and take care of others.  I can offer to help those who need to evacuate.  I can minister to those who need me.  I can lift up the hands that hang down.  
One of the things I have learned is that when I am busy helping others, I am also busy forgetting my own problems and issues.  I also feel better about myself when I can take the time to help those around me.  
I might not be a great teacher, but I can love those who need loving.  I can care for those who need caring.  I can make a difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment