When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, September 21, 2017

The First Prompting

 
This one has been proven true in my own life.  No matter how hard I try, it always seems so easy to ignore those first promptings.  Sometimes I wonder what Heavenly Father must think of us as we go on our merry way and ignore Him.  A really good example of this came from a friend of mine.  I really felt like I needed to go see her.  I really wanted too, but life has gotten so much in the way of things, that I put it off.  In putting it off, I received word that she was in the hospital and soon passed away. 
To this day, I feel regret that I did not go and see her before she left this world.  I feel sorrow that I had such a strong impression to be with her and that I ignored that feeling for the chaos around me.  No matter how busy I was, I know that I could have made time to go and see her.  I just did not believe that prompting. 
I could tell you of so many instances when I was prompted to do something.  When I felt the need to help or just be there, but I made excuses as to why I couldn't go.  I can also tell you of times that I felt that strongly about something and went anyway.  There are so many times that the spirit wants us to act in His behalf.  That we need to help, or just be there for another of God's children. 
That first thought that runs through your mind, that first impression, that first moment of decision making, is the one that counts the most. 
Do you listen to His promptings?  Do you hear the sounds of need?  Do you care enough? 
My prayer today is that each one of us may stretch our spiritual selves just a little bit further to hear His voice and do His work.  My we all be a little kinder to our neighbors and our friends.  May we feel the promptings of pure inspiration and help serve those around us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment