When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sabbath Day Scribblings - Patience


Patience is not the ability to wait. 
Waiting is a fact of life. 
Patience is the ability to keep 
a good attitude while waiting. 
Joyce Meyers

I really love this quote.  I think there are times that we all struggle with the ability to wait.  Either the ability to wait for good things to happen, or the ability to wait for the bad things to go away.  Waiting truly is a fact of life.   We wait for everything.  I have customers that come into the Post Office and they are not good at waiting.  They get frustrated if the wait is more than 30 seconds.  I find it interesting that they have such a hard time waiting for the people in front of them and then such a hard time leaving when it is their turn.  
I am going to work on my own attitude while I am waiting.  A smile, a kind word, or even letting someone go first in line just might remind me how blessed I am.  Patience is hard to cultivate.  I realize now that it is even harder than I thought.  It is not about the waiting at all, it is all about how we wait and what we do while we are waiting.  
Isn't it interesting how Christlike our behavior needs to become, even or especially when it is not what we are thinking about.  We live in a world that is always in a hurry.  We drive fast from here to there and we have drive throughs and Quick Trips.  We don't even always cook our own dinner or take leftovers for lunch.  Life is a hurry to live and we forget to savor the moments.  Perhaps waiting is the time when we can spend savoring our opportunities to do better and to remember Him.  

1 comment:

  1. Yup, patience is a virtue to work on. I find that life itself causes so many impatient moments. I do believe that it is an important thing to work on.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete