When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, December 20, 2009

What is Christmas All About

From the time that I was a little girl, one of my favorite holiday programs was "A Charlie Brown Christmas".  I found this on 'youtube' when I was browsing and it brought back such good memories.  Imagine, I grew up in a day when it was actually OK to talk about the Christ child in a childrens cartoon show. 
My brother, sister and I would all gather round the TV and watch this every year.  It was something that we looked forward to.  We loved to watch the Christmas programs together.  We would joyfully anticipate the coming holiday.  We lived in a time before VHS tapes or DVD's .  If we really liked a program, we had to read through the TV Guide every week and than make sure we were home to watch it.  If we missed it, we could not watch it again until the next year.  I hope you enjoy this little clip from my Christmas past and remember your own favorite memories of Christmas.  I think the memories of my past are what reminds me to take joy in my present.  It is the memories that keep me focused on what is really important.  This really is what Christmas is all about. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment