When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, November 21, 2009

He loveth His children

1 Nephi 11:16-17
And he said unto me:  Knowest thou the condescension on God?  And I said unto him:  I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.


"I know that He loveth his children".  How wonderful are those words!  I am not sure that it is possible to comprehend the love of God until you have had children of your own to love.  I know that I never understood how much it means to love a child until I had my first one.  The love fills you up.  And I am an imperfect person.  Nevertheless, I know that my Heavenly Father is perfect and if I can love this much imperfectly, how much more is He able to love you.
Now sometimes you probably don’t feel loved.  You probably don't feel very lovable.  We have all sinned, and sometimes that sin causes us to feel like we could possibly be a son or daughter or God.  You think you are not worthy of His love.  You don't feel noble.  You often feel pain, sorrow and loneliness.  You don't feel like a son or daughter of a king.  Sometimes, you feel insignificant, insecure, inadequate, and even lacking in faith.
Our Savior knows exactly how you feel. Remember the story from the New Testament, when Lazarus died and was in the tomb?  Jesus came to Mary and Martha.  They were in pain and full of sorrow wondering why their brother Lazarus had to die. In that moment Christ wept with them. Why did he weep?  Why didn't He just say something like:  "Don't be sad!  It is going to be fine.  I am going to fix it!"  Why did He take a moment and week with them?  He knew that he was going to raise Lazarus from the dead. He had told Peter what He was going to do when He first received the message that his friend Lazarus was dying. Yet, still he wept. He felt the pain of Mary and Martha. He felt their sorrow and their great love for their brother.  He shared that burden with them.  He had the solution, but he first took a moment to weep with them. he acknowledged their pain. He "mourned with those that mourned".
In the Book of Mormon, we read:  “He will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death, which bind his people and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh. That he may know, according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. “ Alma 7:12
Christ has taken upon himself your  infirmities.  He has already felt your pain.  He cries with you when you are lonely, when you are hurt, when you are remorseful, and when you feel unworthy of His love.  He acknowledges your pain and has infinite compassion, understanding and love for you personally.
Your Savior is right there with you. No matter what you’ve done in the past (deliberate or otherwise). No matter how inadequate you feel, no matter how much of a failure you think you are and no matter what your weaknesses. He has never left you, nor will He ever leave you. He will never give up loving you. He will always be by your side.  He stands ready to embrace you with his infinite, unconditional, and personal love for you.  He has felt your anguish, he has borne your grief and he will wipe away your tears because you are His child. You are of infinite worth.
Marvin J. Ashton said, “Commune daily with your Heavenly Father who knows you best of all. He knows your talents, your strengths, and your weaknesses. You are here on earth at this time to develop and refine these characteristics. I promise you he will help you. He is aware of your needs. He is aware of your unanswered prayers.”
I pray that you will catch a glimpse of how much the Lord truly loves you. I pray the you will come to know of your own individual worth.  I pray that you will know, with every fiber of your being, that you are loved.  We are daughters (and sons) of a Heavenly Father who loves us and we love Him.  We will stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all places.  May you remember always who you are!

"I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass."
- Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment